Re: mkosi config to build minimal Ubuntu 22.04 VM image?

Hi Paul,

Ubuntu 22.04 is too old to run mkosi on. Your best bet is to use the
tools tree functionality. By adding ToolsTree=default and
ToolsTreeDistribution=debian, mkosi will build a debian image and use
that image to do the final build. That will help you get around the
lack of bootctl on Ubuntu Jammy. Do note that mkosi is a fast moving
project and you might be better off running a distribution such as
Fedora or Arch Linux which will generally have more up to date tooling
than the latest Ubuntu LTS release.

Cheers,

Daan