Re: Scan all USB devices from Linux service

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 08:45:41AM +0000, Andy Pieters wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 at 08:32, Reto <reto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 05:56:31PM +0100, Vadim Lebedev wrote:
> > > This is what ChatGPT proposes:
> >
> > Can we like not...
> > If people want to ask a generative AI they do so on their own.
> >
> > Let's keep responses based on human interaction shall we, rather than
> > parroting
> > math models.
> >

> Respectfully, I disagree.
>

> Comment on the code itself, or suggest ways to improve it, but don't diss
> on it just because it was 'generated by AI'
>
> What does the provenance matter? He's got a problem, he's doing some work
> towards solving it, why bar the submission just because you don't agree
> with its origins? (sounds familiar...)

provenance matters HUGELY when it comes to code, as you need a license
and other things as well (copyright law is strict.)  "AI generated" code
has none of that and as such, can NOT be used for almost any use until
that is sorted out.

Just go talk to your lawyer about the issues involved please if you have
any questions, it's not trivial.

thanks,

greg k-h