timedatectl causing system reset

Hello,

In my Linux box, Initially both services "systemd-timedated.service"  and "systemd-timesyncd.service" are inactive
When I executed command:
#timedatectl set-ntp true
Failed to set ntp: Connection timed out

But I see both service are started sequentially in the above order, wonder why its causing timeout.
Wonder why sometimes it is causing a system reset ?

I also can't see logs using #journalctl -fu systemd-timedated.service

Do I need to start "systemd-timedated.service" instead of inactive service ?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Ashok