Re: What are Abandon() and AbandonScope() used for?

> When should I use this? For example I am creating a scope which will
> allocate some pids into their cgroups. The scope is created from a daemon
> run from a service unit. The service will eventually be shut down and I
> want the scope to remain if it has pids in it. Should the service "abandon"
> the scope?

That depends whether you want some extra stopping procedure for your
scope besides regular SIGTERM logic.

Cool, so if I just want systemd to send a SIGTERM when OS is shutting down or when a user does "systemctl stop my.scope", and I do not need any "extra stopping procedure" (don't know what exactly this is), then I don't need to Abandon the scope.
It has nothing to do then about keeping a scope when the process that initiated it has already terminated.