[help] Benchmarking software shows degraded performance

Hi all,

We have decided to replace buysbox init with systemd in our development
boards Buildroot images.

One of the boards -
https://www.microchip.com/en-us/development-tool/atsama5d27-som1-ek1

While we notice the reduction in boot time as well as the systemd
features useful (ex: systemd-networkd), we notice the degraded
performance when we run bench-marking software.

Benchmarking software uri - https://github.com/linux4sam/egt-benchmark.

One of the benchmark case is, where it simply opens graphical window on
LCD screen and then simply closes it. For this case, the egt-benchmark
shows 9 iterations/sec for busybox init. And it's only 5 iterations/sec
for systemd init.

We have gone through some of the techniques mentioned in the bootlin's
debugging slides
(https://bootlin.com/doc/training/debugging/debugging-slides.pdf) to
optimize the system performance. Didn't help much.

Note that all the development boards we use are single core SoCs.

Any pointers that would lead to narrow down the issue would be grateful
here. Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks,
Nayab