Re: Starting a service before any networking

On Wed, 27 Sept 2023 at 14:09, Jetchko Jekov <jetchko.jekov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A good example of a service that needs to be started before networking
is the firewall service.
You can take a look at what your distro of choice is providing for hints.

Good idea, thanks

DefaultDependencies=no

This looks like the most important bit I was unaware of, although it now seems that I was looking in the wrong direction in thinking that dhcpcd was starting before it had a configuration file as fixing that doesn't seem to have helped.

--
Mark Rogers