systemd-coredump stack traces

I am trying to enable stack traces for core dumps with systemd-coredump.  I have a yocto build for aarch64 containing systemd 250 with the coredump and elfutils options enabled in the build, and the binaries I'm trying to debug are not stripped.  coredumpctl list shows the core files and I can use coredumpctl gdb to get a backtrace, but coredumpctl info does not show a backtrace.  Is there another build option I need, or any good way to debug where the stack trace is failing?

And if I get it working, does the systemd stacktrace functionality support using a -dbg package with debug symbols in a separate file?

Thanks,
Aaron