Re: PAMName=login, systemctl stop

On 03.07.2023 14:17, Lennart Poettering wrote:
On Mo, 03.07.23 10:58, Valentijn Sessink (valentijn@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Now my remaining question is probably so very basic, that you sort of missed
it: my "session" is started from a script and so I'm probably able to stop
all services in the session from within this script - if I knew how to find
"it": "it" being "the thing to stop", i.e. "my own session" or something
like that. I.e. the script should kill itself and all its children.

logind's session ID you'll find in the $XDG_SESSION_ID env var.

you can use this to kill your own session:

     loginctl kill-session $XDG_SESSION_ID

It is not defined here on Ubuntu 22.04 with GNOME 42 that is using systemd for session management. It *is* defined in GDM session worker, but as actual session processes are not children of it (they are started by systemd) this variable is not inherited.

if you want to know which systemd unit your process belongs to use:

     ps --pid $$ -o unit=

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin