Re: PAMName=login, systemctl stop

Hi,

On 28-06-2023 18:04, Lennart Poettering wrote:
"PAMName=login", then starts a script and a few (old X11 related) programs.
[...]>> Is there a way to amend the service file to stop these children?
Not really, from systemd's PoV they are part of the login session, not
the original service anymore.

I have tried to get my head around this but I couldn't find how to proceed, i.e. how to kill of the session.

I can get the CGroup and session scope with "systemctl status <mainpid>"; but I still can't figure out what to stop then. So how can I finish this "spawned off" session - the one that started from a "PAMName=login" option in the service file?

Sorry if it's a dumb question. Any links to documentation are fine, too.

Best regards,

Valentijn
--
Durgerdamstraat 29, 1507 JL Zaandam; telefoon 075-7100071