Re: When service consumption cpu time message will be at the journal?

On Di, 20.06.23 18:13, u34@xxxxxxx (u34@xxxxxxx) wrote:

> Hello,
> I have timers to run user, and system, services.
> Usually, but not always, the journal has a
>
>     systemd[1]: NAME.service: Consumed DURATION CPU time.
>
> as the last message for each activation of a service. I wonder whether it
> is expected that sometimes there is no such message. I can not predict,
> or characterise, when such message will not be given, other than saying
> I suspect the user service is more likely to not have such a
> message.

This should be shown for all sevices that go down fully (i.e. into
dead/failed states) and for which CPUAccounting=1 is one (which can
happen by means of global DefaultCPUAccount=1).

Otherwise file a github issue, and include a relevant debug log output
(i.e. issue systemd-analyze log-level debug first) of an occasion
where the message wasn't written.

Without such logs this is not actionable to us.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin