Re: When service consumption cpu time message will be at the journal?

Hi.

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 06:13:01PM +0000, u34@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I have timers to run user, and system, services.
> Usually, but not always, the journal has a
>
>     systemd[1]: NAME.service: Consumed DURATION CPU time.
>
> as the last message for each activation of a service. I wonder whether it
> is expected that sometimes there is no such message.

The message presence/absence should be deterministic.

> I can not predict, or characterise, when such message will not be
> given, other than saying I suspect the user service is more likely to
> not have such a message.

What do you mean by "user service"? (Service with User=, user@.service,
a service of user systemd instance or ...)

Do you observe any other anomalies correlated with missing consumption
message too?

Thanks,
Michal