Re: rc-local.service and its future in systemd?

On Mo, 24.04.23 13:01, Aki Ketolainen (akik@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>    I tried to set After=systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service but I got some
>    cyclic dependency problem. Would you know how to do that?

s-u-u-r.s is a legacy service that will update utmp *after* all
services that constitute a sysv runlevel-lookalike have started. If
you order rc-local.service after that then you create a cyclic
dependency, because it would mean s-u-u-r.s is both before *and* after
rc-local.service and that cannot be.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin