rc-local.service and its future in systemd?

Hi,

I noticed in Rocky Linux 8.7 LXC container image that they've added a message to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

# In contrast to previous versions due to parallel execution during boot
# this script will NOT be run after all other services.

I created an issue report on this at github: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/27340
"How to run /etc/rc.d/rc.local as the last Linux bootup task?"

Would it be possible to change the rc-local.service configuration as follows, so that it could be used similarly as before
i.e. running close to the end of the "runlevel" or systemd target:

[Unit]
After=crond.service

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

chmod 700 /etc/rc.d/rc.local
systemctl enable rc-local.service

I tested this and see in ps output (ps auxwwf | sort -n -k 2,2 >> /var/tmp/boot.ps) that it starts after crond
in both multi-user.target and graphical.target.

Best regards,

Aki