Re: systemd-devel Digest, Vol 155, Issue 8

Hi Lennart,

This makes lot of sense. 😊

The main objective I am looking for is to let the non-root user make a dbus-call to an application running in root.
And as per your last mail it seems possible through polkit. Will it be possible for you to show me a reference to how this can be done using polkit?

And from where can I learn how systemd code handles polkit configuration. Is there any documentation?
It will also be good if you could give be a very high level brief on how polkit configuration allow/deny access to a user in making method calls. And which part of systemd code handles this.

And let me clear up some confusion I created earlier.
- We can forget about caps discussion as it is not my main objective. It was something I thought could help, while going through code.
And you have given me enough clarity on this 😊

Regards,
Arun Lal K M