Use / test systemd-sysupdate with Debian bullseye(-backports)

Hi,

we maybe would like to use systemd-sysupdate in our products. We have years experience with embedded platforms (hardware + software).

However, we use our own (debootrap-based) build system for Debian-based rootfs and have our own server implementation for artifact management. It seems very easy to integrate a systemd-sysupdate endpoint for updates in our server. We like the approach and have a configuration ready-to-go. We would like to do some tests on this, based on our current default build. We already use systemd 252.4-1~bpo11+1 from bullseye-backports - thus it should be possible to use systemd-sysupdate.

However, Debian packages don't contain systemd-sysupdate. What is the best approach to get this integrated in our build?

Or would it maybe me possible for the Debian systemd package maintainer to provide a package systemd-sysupdate in bullseye-backports?

We have seen, that there is currently active work on those packages (specifically systemd-resolved came up and was moved from systemd package).

We are also happy to give feedback on our test results and any bugs / risks within our environment.

Thanks,

Martin