Re: how to run a shell in my systemd initramfs before pivot root

On 26.12.2022 22:56, marty leisner wrote:
I'd like to be able to run a shell before completing the pivot (I'm running
ubuntu core 20).

I'm well versed in systemV init, but not systemd.

How do I simulate the initramfs debugging methodology of "break=init" or
"break=mount" using systemd (i.e. dropping into a
shell)?

You could have generator that creates service if specific parameter is present on kernel command line. The practical problem is that there is really no defined point "before the pivot" (or *before* any other target), i.e. you cannot order your service "after everything Before given target has completed".