Trouble running unit/testsuite-70 inside mkosi image

Hi,

I am new to systemd and trying to get a TPM specific test to run inside the ubuntu image, booted with mkosi boot. (Test: ~/test/unit/testsuite-70.sh)

However, each time I try it I am running into the following error:

“ERROR:tcti:src/tss2-tcti/tcti-device.c:452:Tss2_Tcti_Device_Init() Failed to open specified TCTI device file /dev/tpmrm0: No such file or directory”

Upon checking /dev I can confirm that there is no tpm device node. I can’t find a /dev/tpm0 or /dev/tpmrm0. There does seem to be a tpm device under /sys/devices but I don’t know if that’s much help.

Is there a TPM specific option that I have to set while running the build or building or booting the image? Is this even the correct way to run the test or am I doing it wrong and it needs to be run in a different way?

Thank you in advance,

Abhishek