Re: Some questions on userdbd and providing a compatible service

Hi Lennart,

> (BTW; I kinda hope that one day systemd-homed could directly
> authenticate home directories via OIDC too. In fact, I want it so that
> you can just type in any OpenID identity on a login prompt, and this
> would authenticate a user and create a local homedir on the fly if
> needed.)

One more question on this: Does homed only handle user sessions for
users created with homed? Or can any userdb backend provide a user
record exposing a "storage" section, and systemd-homed will handle
this user as well?

In other words: Can I use data from my own userdb backend to make
homed start managing the home directory for this user?

-nik