Re: systemctl, unclear error msg/warning, "Refusing to accept PID outside of service control group..."

Hi.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 10:46:38PM +0200, rop <rop049@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    "New main PID xxxxx does not belong to service, and PID file is not
> owned by root. Refusing."
> And when trying to examine the pid-file, it wasn't even created.

That'd suggest that the service has misconfigured PIDFile= path (not
pointint to where the daemon actually writes its pid).

> Where can I find an explanation of these messages?
>
> What exactly is deemed "unsafe"?

Perhaps,
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8085#issuecomment-363008993

> And what to do about it?

Update the application/its unit file :-p

Michal