Re: Antw: [EXT] Re: SOLVED: daemon-reload does not pick up changes to /etc/systemd/system during boot

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 1:24 PM Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > What do you call a "recursive start"? "systemctl start" simply tells
>
> starting multi-user.target via ExecStart=systemctl start starts all depending units, and probably one of those starts the multi-user.target again.
> That's what I call recursive.
>
> > systemd to queue the start job. If this job is already queued, nothing
> > happens. If this job has already been completed (successfully),
> > nothing happens.
>
> So I wonder why the command "ExecStart=systemctl start --no-block multi-user.target" has any effect then.

Because it also recursively queues start jobs for all Want'ed or
Require'd units even if multi-user.target itself is already started.
This allows you to catch up on new dependencies.