Re: Setting up a VPN daemon as a Portable Service

After doing some more looking, it seems like the /etc folder is overlaid with /var/lib/overlays/etc/upper, meaning that changes to /etc/ get saved in the overlay, which should survive updates. I've added the service definition there and the binaries to my home directory (and updated the service definition to point there), and it seems to just work. I might look into putting the binaries in a system extension, and update the service definition to require the extension be running, but it seems to work as-is. Time to wait for the next system update and see if it breaks.

On Sat, Oct 8, 2022 at 2:02 PM Luca Boccassi <bluca@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 at 18:51, Duncan Gibson <legowerewolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hm. Actually, no, I don't think it will. Services installed the normal way won't survive the A/B update system.

I don't know what that is and how it works.