Re: Setting up a VPN daemon as a Portable Service

On Sat, 2022-10-08 at 11:13 -0400, Duncan Gibson wrote:
> The problem wasn't mounting the system extension automatically. That
> worked
> just fine. It was that systemd would try to start the service before
> the
> system extension mounted, which would fail, for obvious reasons. This
> weekend I think I'm going to try the BindReadOnlyPaths option and see
> if I
> can get that to work.

Don't do that. system-wide extensions are not supposed to add units,
and it will not work. Portable services are for distributors - for
locally built extensions, you can simply use a normal service with
ExtensionImages= that points to your extension, and it will be
overlayed with the rootfs.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi