Re: systemd-network and loopback

Il giorno ven 9 set 2022 alle 23:57:27 +03:00:00, Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
It's useful when you want the `lo` interface to have a custom [Address] or two.

Routers often have an address assigned that's supposed to be independent from any "physical" interface – on Linux it could be assigned to a Type=dummy interface or to an empty bridge, but just as frequently it's assigned to `lo`. (It's even called a "loopback address".)

Hi Mantas, thanks for your reply! Yes, this seems to be the kind of response I was looking for. So it indeed seems that in the vast majority of desktop systems (and servers) it is safe to leave the lo interface as unmanaged by systemd-network.

Thanks again for clearing this up for me :)

--
OpenPGP key: 66DE F152 8299 0C21 99EF  A801 A8A1 28A8 AB1C EE49