Antw: [EXT] [systemd‑devel] systemd‑tmpfiles: behavior of ‑‑clean

>>> SCOTT FIELDS <Scott.Fields@xxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 30.08.2022 um 21:15 in
Nachricht
<MN2PR14MB3055AF5983ACBB7FCCEB46A28A799@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm currently running systemd 219‑78.
>
> I realize there's significant behavior differences in the current release,
> but per the documentation, I take it the behavior of '‑clean' hasn't changed

> in regards to directly specifications only applying to the directory entry
> and the top level files. AKA, it still won't do recursive evaluation.
>
> I also assume that the '‑clean' behavior also still doesn't provide any
> 'glob' behavior specifications.
>
> Primary issue for my side is managing tomcat tmp files.
>
> These create a file in its temp location with a directory named of the form

> 'tomcat.<####>' with other associated files (or directories below this).

I think with the guideline "clean up your own dirt" there wouldn't be so much
need for external cleanup if the applications would do a better job. The
application always knows best what, how, and when to clean up. (MHO)