systemd-tmpfiles: behavior of --clean

I’m currently running systemd 219-78.

I realize there’s significant behavior differences in the current release, but per the documentation, I take it the behavior of ‘—clean’ hasn’t changed in regards to directly specifications only applying to the directory entry and the top level files. AKA, it still won’t do recursive evaluation.

I also assume that the ‘—clean’ behavior also still doesn’t provide any ‘glob’ behavior specifications.

Primary issue for my side is managing tomcat tmp files.

These create a file in its temp location with a directory named of the form ‘tomcat.<####>’ with other associated files (or directories below this).

As such, we can’t use ‘systemd-tmpfiles’ to purge these, though it’s desirable to do so.

Is the current status for “system-tmpfiles” still such that the above can’t be achieved with this subsystem?