Re: Antw: [EXT] [systemd‑devel] Why is using fstab the preferred approach according to systemd.mount man page?

On 10/01/2022 21:50, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

Pretty much. There isn't any big benefit to using mount units (since the
fstab syntax supports all the important use cases), and people are familiar
with fstab. More tools support it too.

Hello,

well although I'm not currently using it, I can see one :

it may be easier to configure .mount units independently (like dropping a config file into a .d/ directory) instead of editing one single file when done with tools like ansible for instance where you have to regexp match lines to edit or use blockinfile like strategies ?

Thanks

--
Thomas HUMMEL