Re: Mobile broadband modems support in systemd-networkd

On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 10:46 PM Bruce A. Johnson <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to integrate an MBIM cellular modem (Sierra Wireless MC7455)
into my project, and while there seem to be plenty of people doing the
same thing, all of the references seem to point to using ModemManager to
set up the connection and NetworkManager to manage the IP config
(address, gateway, and DNS). I'd like to avoid having to add
NetworkManager to my build, since I've been getting along nicely with
systemd-networkd for my Ethernet and Wi-Fi interfaces (using iwd to
manage the Wi-Fi connection). Is there any work afoot to get
systemd-networkd to set up the IP address info in concert with
ModemManager, or do I have to force NetworkManager to play nicely with
systemd-networkd?

Wouldn't e.g. `mbimcli` configure IP on its own?

--
Mantas Mikulėnas