Re: ssh.service in rescue.target

Am Mo., 9. Nov. 2020 um 18:25 Uhr schrieb Michael Biebl <mbiebl@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I guess this is kinda moot now, given that the initscripts package was
> completely removed in Ubuntu 20.10 it seems.
> Fwiw, I'd be surprised if there really are any packages in 20.04 still
> depending on initscripts.
> Maybe just purge the package (remove is not sufficient, initscripts
> being conffiles and all)

Hm, I guess Ubuntu has dropped the initscripts package for much longer already:

At least since bionic:

+sysvinit (2.88dsf-59.10ubuntu1) bionic; urgency=medium
+
+  * Merge with Debian, restoring 6ac609340af19a8d021c5ab8fea50c65241d1d0b:
+    - When building for Ubuntu, skip all binaries except for sysvinit-utils.
+
+ -- Adam Conrad <adconrad@xxxxxxxxxx>  Wed, 01 Nov 2017 15:00:29 -0600

So, Phillip, if you still have an initscripts package installed on
20.04, this is a left-over from previous dist-upgrades.

Purge the package (along with sysv-rc etc, in case you still have them
installed)

Michael