Re: ssh.service in rescue.target

Michael Biebl writes:

> Are you sure?
> Which Ubuntu version is that?
> At least in Debian, /etc/init.d/killprocs is shipped by "initscripts"
> which is no longer installed by default.

20.04.  apt-cache rdepends shows:

Reverse Depends:
  sysv-rc
  util-linux
  hostapd
  wpasupplicant
  util-linux
  initramfs-tools
  base-files
  hostapd
  wpasupplicant
  sysvinit-utils
  initramfs-tools
  base-files
  console-setup-linux

So it looks like it's a required package.  I guess I'll try masking it.

Hrm... odd... I wondered why util-linux would depend on
initscripts... apt-cache depends util-linux says that it does not
*depend* on it but *replaces* it.  Doesn't that mean that when
util-linux is installed, initscripts should be removed?  And
initramfs-tools does not depend on initscripts, but *breaks* it, which
should mean it is not possible for both packages to be installed at the
same time.  WTF over?