Re: "Eye Of Cylon" animation no longer garbles Ctrl-Alt-F9 emergency shell ?

It is refreshing to see that the Cylon eye is appearantly no longer
making the Ctrl-Alt-F9 emergency shell unusable.

while I noted that a modified systemd is quick to install, I also should point out that a compile + install from systemd sourcecode may leave old version parts on harddisk. On Arch / Manjaro, journald gave me errormessages from leftover generators.

fix: delete all files in  /usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/
then reinstall systemd via your distro’s package manager.

This reduced error messages in journald quite a bit here. several outdated generators could not call their libs and what not. On some distros other than Fedora you still might want to patch out that gimmicky "Eye Of Cylon" notifier to keep the Ctrl-Alt-F9 "emergency shell" clean.