"Eye Of Cylon" animation no longer garbles Ctrl-Alt-F9 emergency shell ?

It is refreshing to see that the Cylon eye is appearantly no longer making the Ctrl-Alt-F9 emergency shell unusable.

It being a nice gimmick had the less desirable side-effect of spamming the F9 shell, rendering it useless. Cylon was mentioned a few times on this mailing-list over the years (was on TO-DO list for a while) and the issue popped up in several other places. Relief seems to be here now!

In case, anybody still needs to fix it, say on an old installation, one can follow below links, where the Cylon is simply patched out / commented out and thus shuts up for good. On stackExchange, they knew no better than censoring that post, though.