systemd-boot finding the kernel

Hello!

I've spend hours trying to get systemd-boot to work,
hope someone can help.

I was wondering if I get the wrong error message from systemd-boot,
or the entry.conf shows up (and it doesn't show up if bootctl on booted system
complains about missing files in the entry) and than when booting that entry
it fails with
"failed to load /correct_path_relative_to_efi_partition/vmlinuz not found"
(which bootctl when running on booted system says path is OK)

Thanks,
Damian