No signal sent to stop service

Hello,

I'm developing a service called product_routed which is managed by systemd. The service can normally be stopped with "service product_routed stop" or "systemctl stop product_routed", however for some reason after the service has been running for a while (a few days or more) the stop command no longer works. Can anyone help me find why?

When the application stop works initially (for the first day or two) we see a TERM signal sent to the application, as confirmed by logging in the application itself (which is written in perl), and is reported by "strace -p <pid> -e 'trace=!all'". However once the problem starts no signal is sent to the application at all when "service product_routed stop" or "systemctl stop product_routed" is run.

The systemd file is as below, and we've confirmed that the PIDFile contains the correct PID when the stop is attempted. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to debug this? Thank you in advance.

# cat /etc/systemd/system/product_routed.service
[Unit]
Description=Product routing daemon
After=syslog.target network.target mysql.service

[Service]
Type=forking
ExecStart=/opt/product/current/bin/routed
PIDFile=/var/run/product/routed.pid
Restart=on-abnormal
RestartSec=1
LimitSTACK=infinity