Does automatic boot assessment work for Type #2 EFI Unified Kernel Images?

Hey List,

I am reading
https://systemd.io/BOOT_LOADER_SPECIFICATION/
and
https://systemd.io/AUTOMATIC_BOOT_ASSESSMENT/

I want to use Type 2 unified images because of SecureBoot. But I want a 2-partition model a-la CoreOS, where I rollback when the node isn't healthy.  I wanted to use automatic boot assessment to implement this mechanism.  Where I have 2 EFI images in $BOOT/loader/entries/; one loading the first partition in its cmdline; and the other loading the second partition in its cmdline.  But then I noticed that https://systemd.io/AUTOMATIC_BOOT_ASSESSMENT/ only talks about files in $BOOT/loader/entries/   and not $boot/EFI/Linux/

Does this mean automatic boot assessment doesn't work for Type #2 entries?  Or will it work for that as well if I name my EFI images in a similar naming scheme as the entries in $BOOT/loader/entries

If not; is there a good reason why not and is it something that is worth implementing?

Kind regards,

Arian

--

Zeta Project Germany GmbH  l  Rosenthaler Straße 40, 10178 Berlin, Germany

Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Morten J. Broegger, Dylan Riley

HRB 149847 beim Handelsregister Charlottenburg, Berlin

VAT-ID DE288748675