systemd-repart with volatile root

Hi,
as the subject says, I am trying to use repart to add a partition on a block
device, from inside the initramfs. I also make use of overlayfs via
systemd-volatile-root to make it possible to write temporarily on the
root device. However it appears that systemd-repart and
systemd-volatile-root are both ran in parallel: http://ix.io/2rRi
This results in repart failing to find the root block device.
Would there be any way to have repart ran before systemd-volatile-root, such
that it has time to finish modifying the real block device ? Adding
systemd-volatile-root on the Before= line in systemd-repart.service via an
override is not enough since both units are of type simple. It is started before
the volatile root unit, but they both ultimately end up running in parallel once
again.