Re: : How to modify systemd so that the NTP function is disabled when systemd is first started?

Hi www,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020, 04:14 www <ouyangxuan10@xxxxxxx> wrote:
hi Michal and Kevin,

We applied systemd to embedded Linux, so we often need to update/flash the whole system.  When we select disable time synchronization function, the embedded system will use the time itself. After we update the system and restart it, we need the time synchronization function is disabled. During the whole startup process, there is no automatic time synchronization, and the previous time is used. Because automatic time synchronization may change its original time. (Because the time of the system itself may be different from that of NTP time.)

There is a timesyncd.conf file under the system,can the system automatically turn off the time synchronization function by modifying this file?
In this way, when updating, I can save this file to solve this problem.

I totally fail to see where your problem is. Starting (or not starting) things (under conditions) is a core feature of systemd and well documented. At least I did find the documentation to be good, your experience seems to differ. Maybe you can suggest topics that need to be improved?

You create the image, so just do not install stuff you do not want to run there and it won't -- under no circumstances ever. If you want things to start on the other hand, just configure that properly in your image (add unit files and enable them) and it will.

PS: If your software has problems with time not increasing monotonically at all times, then your software is  broken by design. I hope it will never need to work anywhere with summer/winter time,

Best Regards,
Tobias