Re: Failed to determine supported controllers: No such process

On Di, 21.01.20 17:51, Reindl Harald (h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> >> Either way, check if hidepid=0 makes things work for you
> > well, it's not that easy because after change it from 2 to 1 the newly
> > upgraed VM is *toast* meaing no network and even TTY login times out
> >
> > well, after hunt some food i will try to mount the system vdisk on a
> > differnt guest and comment out that block :-(
>
> yeah, set it to 0 works around broken systemd in F31 while 1 makes the
> system completly unuseable
>
> when something works for years and stops to by update a single component
> you should refrain from call everything else broken, it's fire for the
> systemd-haters everywhere

This has been discussed so many times.

Like here:

or here:

or here:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/11300#issuecomment-450857717

or here:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2941#issuecomment-211542313

I mean, I am sorry you didn't get the message about it, but this has
been discussed plenty times. It always was broken at various places,
and it continues to be. Maybe you didn't run into it, but it's nothing
we can support.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin