Re: Service fails to start with no log messages

On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 21:47:37 -0500
Jeffrey Walton <noloader@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 9:35 PM Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Am 07.01.20 um 02:57 schrieb Jeffrey Walton:
> > > To fix my ordering problem I need Systemd to stop lying about
> > > when the network is ready.
> >
> > one last comment:
> >
> > whatever crap you did ending in the ordering cycle did not solve
> > your wrong ordering after network, it just burried it by slow down
> > something else and so by luck
> >
> > systemd does not lie here - you just need to do the ordering proper
> > based on how your network is configured at all which you refuse to
> > tell
> >
> > so your better options would have been report thate network ordering
> > problem here before touch anything else
> >
> > "There are absolutely 0 entires about my monitor service" is because
> > it's thrown out of the startup transaction cause dby your other
> > config screwup
>
> And there we have it. Systemd is not logging the problem. And then you
> wonder why users like me go down rabbit holes.
>
> Perhaps Systemd should hire someone who understands usability and
> design. Maybe they can explain why throwing important information away
> is a bad idea.
>
> Jeff

I can't tell whether you're deliberately trolling Reindl, which helps
nobody and certainly doesn't help solve your problem, or whether you
simply have a lot of prejudice about systemd that you're keen to talk
about. Either way, it's counterproductive; please stop it. Just write
about your technical issues.

I'd suggest you start again, and try to post complete information - such
as you have - about your services and problems with them. But first
please reread all Reindl and Paul's comments and try to apply the
useful information that is contained within them.