Re: How to apply for partition type GUID for Linux /boot?

On Do, 28.11.19 17:10, Arseny Maslennikov (ar@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > This extended boot loader partition as GPT type UUID
> > bc13c2ff-59e6-4262-a352-b275fd6f7172 and that's documented in the
> > systemd-gpt-auto-generator(8) man page.
>
> The spec at freedesktop.org[1], (naturally) being the first Google hit
> for "discoverable partitions spec" and also being referred to from a lot
> of places all over the community[2][3][4][5][6], has no mention of the
> extended boot loader partition.

It's out of date. We should update it, incorporating the definitions
from this spec:

https://systemd.io/BOOT_LOADER_SPECIFICATION

And we should move it out of the wiki into our git tree as markdown,
so that it also appears on systemd.io.

Would be happy to take a PR of course, that converts it to Markdown
and adds the missing definitions. Hint Hint ;-)

> I did not find it at systemd.io (which is, AFAIK, generated from the
> source).
> Is the page unmaintained? If it is: was it moved? are there any
> official, maintained pages for the spec visible and citable on the
> web?

let's say "undermaintained". ;-)

In the long run systemd.io should carry all relevant docs.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin