Re: Antw: Re: failing unmounts during reboot

On Do, 25.07.19 12:49, Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Nachricht <cb92eed901e39d6b65680976a92711150a133a1c.camel@xxxxxxx>:
>
> [...]
> > Hi,
> >
> > the proper approach would be to define the dependency of the generated
> > .service to the mount point with a drop-in and RequiresMountsFor=. See
> > man:systemd.unit for more information.
> > Also the systemd-sysv-generator can only do so much. Please write
> > yourself proper units if you encounter problems.
>
> What this "solution" fails to see is that any user can start a
> process that may prevent clean unmount. It's completely far away
> from reality to believe that such a user will write (or even know
> how to write) a systemd service!

We automatically kill all unpriv user programs on shutdown.

We do not kill processes from system service units that have
KillMode=process, and thus explicitly requested to be exempted from
the "kill all my processes" logic, and are expected to clean up after
themselves on their own. SysV scripts set that for compat reasons. I
cannot fix sysv for your sorry, it works like it works, and does not
clean up properly.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin