Re: Antw: Re: Antw: failing unmounts during reboot

On Do, 25.07.19 12:52, Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > "try to kill all processes using a filesystem before unmounting it"
> > isn't that easy when it comes to namespaces, "lsof" even don't tell you
> > the root cause preventing unmount but the ernel still refuses to do so
>
> Does systemd even try to use lsof?

No, of course not. We tend to avoid hacks like that.

We generally expect packages to come with proper ordering in place,
and when they still insist on SysV init scripts to work properly and
clean up after themselves though.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin