Recent changes to 99-default.link and udevadm

Hi all,

I have a question about
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commit/84ea567eb4326eb970a33188649fde6bea2a0d4e

I am running systemd 242 (242.32-2-arch) which seems to inlude these
changes.

Basically, I suspect that, related to that change, running
`udevadm test-builtin net_setup_link` fails on my machine, because it
cannot find a matching file. Without the match section, I do get the
warning added in that commit, but the command returns successfully.

With the match section on OriginalName, like in the commit, I get:

Config file /usr/lib/systemd/network/99-default.link matches device
based on renamed interface name 'wlp2s0', ignoring
wlp2s0: No matching link configuration found

and the command fails. What I find curious is that the commit introduces
a message stating that the match section should be added using "Name=*"
(which I verified would also work for me) but instead adds a
"OriginalName=*" match.

Since this is the default link file, I suppose it really should match
anything, so why is this using OriginalName?

Or is the problem the part where this file is being ignored?

Thanks a lot,
Conrad