Re: swap on zram service unit, using Conflicts=umount

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 6:11 AM Lennart Poettering
<lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That said, I don't really grok zram, and not sure why there's any need
> to detach it at all. I mean, if at shutdown we lose compressed RAM
> or lose uncompressed RAM shouldn't really matter. Hence from my
> perspective there's no need for Conflicts= at all, but maybe I am
> missing something?

Huh yeah, possibly if anything there could be low memory systems just
barely getting by with swap on zram, and even swapoff at reboot time
would cause it to get stuck. It might just be better to clobber it at
reboot time?

I'd like to allow a user to 'systemctl stop zram' which does swapoff
and removes the zram device. But is there something that could go into
the unit file that says "don't wait for swapoff, if everything else is
ready for shutdown, go ahead and reboot now?"

--
Chris Murphy