Re: swap on zram service unit, using Conflicts=umount

Am 22.06.19 um 18:42 schrieb Chris Murphy:
> I've got a commit to add 'Conflicts=umount.target' to this zram
> service based on a bug comment I cited in the comment. But I'm not
> certain I understand if it's a good idea or necessary.
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/chrismurphy/rpms/zram/c/63900c455e8a53827aed697b9f602709b7897eb2?branch=devel
>
> I figure it's plausible at shutdown time that something is swapped
> out, and a umount before swapoff could hang (briefly or indefinitely I
> don't know), and therefore it's probably better to cause swapoff to
> happen before umount.

that's why i gave up with zram at all on servers

from the moment on it really get used it makes troubles at shutdown with
no real workaround, either swapoff fails at all because what should
happen with the compressed paged out memory with no phyiscal backing or
it takes ages which means your services are down for a long time while a
oridanry reboot of a vserver without zram would take 4-10 seconds until
everything is up again