Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Q: ConditionPathExists=

On Wed, 05 Jun 2019 09:11:36 +0200
"Ulrich Windl" <Ulrich.Windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nachricht <4e4bc6ca-2637-b10d-f4f6-536f452648ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> > Am 04.06.19 um 14:17 schrieb Ulrich Windl:
> [...]
> > BTW: can you please only reply to the list instead reply all, your
> > offlist copy is typically faster which leads in automatically
> > delete the later coming list-message on mailservers configured to
> > kill such needless duplicates and that breaks threading and
> > reply-list in sane mail clients
>
> This is a thing the list should fix via Reply-To header (there is non
> set). I can only "Reply" (goes to the From:) or "Reply to all".
> Everything else is complex editing.

It's a thing that you can fix by choosing a MUA with appropriate
list-handling capabilities. When I hit Reply, the message goes to the
list, not to the originator.

openSUSE Leap 15.0. Claws-mail 3.16.0.

You may also be able to adjust the options in your chosen MUA; I don't
know. Otherwise, hand edit the replies if you don't want to use a
capable MUA.

https://mailman.readthedocs.io/en/release-3.0/src/mailman/handlers/docs/reply-to.html
or https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/node11.html for
explanations of why the list, like many others, does not 'fix' the
header. Note also the warnings about the religious nature of the issue.