Re: Wtrlt: Re: Antw: Re: Unexplainable unit restart ("Start request repeated too quickly")

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Nachricht <alpine.LFD.2.21.1906041855390.3180@xxxxxxxxxx>:
[...]
> > As you can see, even E.service was only started once.
> >
> > Are you sure you were actually doing everything in one transaction?
>
> I guess your version is significantly newer than 228. In 228 I have some odd
> effects hard to explain (I'm still trying to learn).

I just tested it on systemd 239 (Fedora 29) and systemd 219 (RHEL 7). Same
behaviour.

> As far as I can tell the following commands were issued (during package
> upgrade):
> reenable E
> start E
> reenable A
> restart A

At this point, if E has already completed and become inactive, then
restarting A will start E again. This is to be expected.