Re: systemctl list all possible (including unloaded) services

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 09:27:17AM -0600, Roger Pack wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to answer this question:
>
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/517872/systemctl-list-all-possible-including-disabled-services
>
> Basically, I have a my_service.service that is disabled, I wish I
> could "see that it is an option to start" by running systemctl, but it
> doesn't seem to show up in any incantation of queries.  The reason
> being I wanted to check that some /etc/init.d/XX scripts "had an
> autogenerated service equivalent or not" and some were showing up in
> the systemctl lists and some weren't (the disabled ones weren't, even
> though still controllable by systemctl).  It was some newbie confusion
> but still...confusing.
>
> My hunch is that since it isn't auto started it is never "loaded" and
> then doesn't appear in any query (if this is the case I really wish a
> new command could be created to "list all units installed on the
> system").
>
> systemd 219 in this case.

Seems to work here. I have just one sysvinit script:
$ ls /etc/init.d/
functions  network  README
$ systemctl list-unit-files 'network*'
UNIT FILE             STATE
network.service       generated
$ systemctl cat network.service
# /run/systemd/generator.late/network.service
# Automatically generated by systemd-sysv-generator
$ systemctl start network<TAB> # autocompletes to network.service

$ systemctl --version
systemd 241 (v241-7.gita2eaa1c.fc30)

Zbyszek