Re: Kafka Service Fails: Status=200/CHDIR

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 12:22 AM bart schroder <uhfai.brs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mantas,

Please include the mailing list when sending replies, don't turn this into a private conversation.

Context:
I'm taking a Udemy course on Kafka - Kafka for Beginners.

Course Objective: Operate (Kafka) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
We're creating Systemd Services (Docker-Compose, Kafka, Zookeeper, etc.) to start (stop, etc.) our infrastructure components.

Verified:
I can manually start Kafka using the paths in the ExecStart declaration of the Kafka.service file. See new attached screenshot of successful start of kafka from /Home with the path copy/pasted from Kafka.service file in /etc/systemd/system.

Thoughts on cause of my fail response upon attempted start of Kafka.service?

Again, you haven't shown any attempts to start kafka.service in your previous post. You've only shown attempts to start docker-compose@kafka.service, a completely different unit. Whether Docker indirectly uses kafka.service is irrelevant at this point – the CHDIR error you've shown is generated directly by the startup of docker-compose@.service itself, it did not propagate from some other unit through several thick layers of extra software.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas