How to handle alias and sysv init enable/disable (mariadb/mysql)

Hi,
sorry if this was already discussed but I can't find any
pointer or documentation on how to handle this.

This is the problem we are facing:
https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-15526

It can be reproduced on Debian stretch by disabling mariadb service
using 'systemctl disable mariadb' (all versions of mariadb are
concerned).

The problem is that this doesn't call the systemd-sysv-install script
(to update /etc/init.d/rc?.d links) because there is no
'/etc/init.d/mariadb' script but '/etc/init.d/mysql'. And on reboot
mariadb is not disabled because it is started by '/etc/init.d/mysql'
script.

Of course calling 'systemctl disable mysql' does the job but we need
both command acting the same way (mysql|mariadb).

If you have any pointer/documentation or you know a similar project -
that needs to maintain multiple name/alias for the same service - that
would be a great help.

Thanks!
Faustin