/var/log/journal full, journald is not removing journal files

On Mi, 18.07.18 13:08, Chris Murphy (lists at colorremedies.com) wrote:

> My original expectation was that SystemMaxUse=2G which is the same
> size as the file system, would be limited by the default behavior of
> SystemKeepFree= which the man page says is 15% of the file system
> size.

Ah, when you override the setting that's what counts, and we won't
second guess it. I mean, disk usage measurement is hard, given that we
live in a world of COW file systems and compressing file systems,
hence trying to be too smart can easily backfire...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat